- About Us
- Parents & Families
- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Us
Career Peer Program
Career Peers are peer mentors who serve to assist LSU Career Services to reach out to, educate, and advise LSU students on resources through one-on-one interactions and group presentations.
What Career Peers do for LSU students:
- Present services offered through Career Services at various outreach presentations on campus
- Present services offered through Career Services to various student groups and units on campus
- Provide students with resume, cover letter, interview, and resource tips via peer-to-peer walk-in appointments
Why would YOU want to be a Career Peer?
This experiential learning integrates career knowledge and theory with practical application and skill development in a professional setting. The transferrable skills and competencies attained from this position will benefit the student employee professionally and personally both now and in the future.
Benefits of a being a Career Peer:
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional development training
- Work and leadership experience
- Resume writing and critiquing skills
- Relationships with LSU professional staff
- Personal career development and planning through mentoring from staff
Applications for the 2013-14 Career Peer Program have closed.