- About Us
- Parents & Families
- Faculty & Staff
- Employer Drive-In Workshop
- On-Campus Interviews
- Career Expo
- Pre-Expo Networking
- Art & Design Networking Day
- Construction Interviewing Day
- Work Experience Week
- Summer Career Opportunities Fair
- Networking Night at Manship
- Teacher Interviewing Day
- H&SS Career Networking Night
- Health Professions Career Fair
- Contact Us
A part-time job is a great way to gain work experience and build your employment portfolio. Not to mention, it provides career networking opportunities useful for your future job search, and as a bonus it provides you with some extra cash.
How do I find a part-time job?
All part-time jobs of which Career Services is notified are posted on Careers2Geaux.
- Access Careers2Geaux, by clicking on the login button on the right-hand side.
- Access the job listings by selecting the Jobs tab in Careers2Geaux.
- Be sure to follow specific instructions about employer application procedures!
Finding a Part-time Job On-campus
Finding a part-time job on-campus is difficult, but not impossible. Some on-campus jobs are funded through financial aid and some are funded by the individual department. If you know that you have either Chancellor's Aide or Work-Study, you can contact the Office of Admissions and Student Aid for assistance. If you do not have one of these forms of aid, here are a few suggestions to help you secure a position:
Use Careers2Geaux to browse potential on-campus job postings. some departments will post their openings here, but remember they are not required to post in Careers2Geaux.
Contact departments directly to scope out possibilities. Some departments that typically hire several students are the LSU Bookstore, LSU Dining, LSU Student Union, University Recreation and Paul M. Hebert Law Center. If there is a particular department you are interested in working for, contact them directly to inquire about job opportunities.
- Not having any luck? Look for off-campus opportunities. There are plenty of restaurant, retail store and other businesses near campus that frequently need employees. Many of these businesses post their openings in Careers2Geaux, so it is a good idea to start there.
If you would like further guidance and assistance in the job search process, contact our office at 225-578-1548 to schedule an appointment with one of our team members.